Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Visit to the Brothel




To put this experience into words thus far would be an impossibility! I have seen so many things that so many have never seen before. What an honor! I feel overwhelmed that God chose me to be a part of this team. The women in the brothels are the most beautiful women and they have no idea of their worth in the Father and how He sees them. One has a blackeye and one with bruises, with sadness in their eyes they still mustered up a beautiful smile and made me feel so welcome in their world. A world of sin and death, God I don't understand...I know I don't have to, it is not for me to understand. 


The children are a completely new topic. Babies running around in a urine and feces soaked ground so dirty yet they are so beautiful. Some are hungry and sick yet so happy just to play with a balloon animal, a very poorly made one at that. However, they did not care they were having so much fun! I will conclude with this... picture walking what seems like hours to finally get to a large hill, more like a small mountain and there living in what they call the slums are hundreds maybe thousands of make shift houses. Among them is a home at the top where they gather to praise the Lord with one candle and a flash light in the middle of the room. Probably my favorite moment, in the middle of muffled prayers and singing, I see a cross on the wall of this home. No matter how insignificant this home might appear physically it was more spirit-filled than anything I have ever felt before. Thank you Lord for choosing me for such a time as this! As everyday gets better and better I can't wait for what today holds!!!


Alicia
Christmas Celebration Volunteer

1 comment: