Monday, January 9, 2012

Life Changing

All I can remember is explaining to people about what I was going to do in India, “work with women rescued from prostitution or in prevention care and work in a medical clinic”. However, nothing could have prepared me for the things I have experienced here. I have grown in my strength like I couldn’t have imagined. This trip for me was a step of faith and following where  I felt called. I had a good relationship with the Lord before I left, but in the situations I have experienced and the people that have changed my life, my love for the Lord has tripled if not more.  Between the faces of the wonderful children in the slums to the beauty of the beach I have seen the Lord in everything here. Never once have I been afraid for my safety and every single day I feel an increasing desire and pursuit of the Lord inside of me. 

The people here crave the Lord on a different level than I ever thought possible compared to the typical Christians in America. The believers of India are a rare but beautiful breed. I have come into contact with a man in constant pursuit of a better life for his slum and country--a man who is constantly and passionately pursuing the Lord.  I have come into contact with women who turn to the Lord when their husbands fail them, and families that ban together under the love of the Lord unlike I have ever seen. On this trip I have experienced things that are life changing to say the least and I will never ever doubt why God called me to go on this trip. I didn’t have the money, and was not sure I would be of any help, but the Lord blessed me in more ways than I could have imagined and as I look back on this time in India I realize how the Lord surrounded me with his love and passion more than any human thing of this world could have done. I will never forget the women on the beach, the children in the classes, and the people begging for help that sometimes only God can provide, and he has never come up short.

Kristina
Goa Christmas Volunteer

No comments:

Post a Comment