Thursday, January 31, 2013

India and Suda

India. This is my third time coming to India through this organization. It has been so amazing to see this organization grow and to be apart of what Rahab’s Rope is doing has been a privilege and such a blessing. I always come to India with a heart to pour into God’s people and every time I leave being poured into with a heart that is overjoyed by the time I had here. During my time in India God put it on my heart his love for us and how we can practically love on his people and what that looks like. Love is clearly defined in 1 Corinthians 13:4-8. I want to love people in this way as God loves us. Every person and child I meet while in India loves us with no questions asked and with little knowledge of who we are. This is how we should love on each other every day and how God loves us. India teaches me how to love. God loved us before we knew him and while we were still sinners. God sent his one and only son to die on the cross for us. This boggles my mind every day and I am continually amazed by who God is and his love for us. I fall more in love with the people in India every time I come. The women and children teach me so much not only how to love but also their hospitality and willingness to give when they themselves have very little. Taking with me back home to the states would be giving more, showing more hospitality, and reaching out to my own community, and loving God’s people practically.

Suda is a little girl who I have seen the past three times I have come to India. She is twelve years old and has deformed arms and legs. When she was born she was able to walk and gradually over time all her limbs started to bend where she could not longer walk on her own. Her brother and friends help her get to school every day along with her mom bringing her to the program Samir holds at his house every afternoon. Shortly after I left over the summer she broke her hip bone causing her to be bed ridden and shortly after that she fell while riding the bus and her thigh bone broke. She can no longer go to school or attend the afternoon program but has to stay home and rest day and night. Her dad sees her as a burden and with every bone that breaks he drinks more. She is a beautiful little girl inside and out and every chance we got we would go visit her and she always had a smile in her face. Seeing her in that state breaks my heart, but also encourages my heart just to see her smile. She is never angry or upset by her circumstances, but filled with such a joy. She inspires me to smile in the face of trials and rejoice in all circumstances knowing God will get me through. I love her so much and I ask that you would keep her and her family in your prayers.

Blessings,
C- Goa Christmas Team

1 comment:

  1. I want to know more about the work in Goa. Where and how I can get in touch with the leaders. I live in Goa,

    ReplyDelete