Friday, September 28, 2012

The Amazing Rat Race

I'm not quite sure how to start this blog, there's been a lot of opinion regarding what I should post about our last couple of days. For the sake of "drawing in my audience", I will tell you all about my early morning with a new friend..
He doesn't have a name yet, but he's already famous around here.

Last night I claimed the couch here in the guest house (it's pretty snuggly), and at about 2:30am I was bit on the toe by a rat; no real problem, no rabies, not a lot of blood but he got away. He's going' down, though.

Once we got our day started we were told we would be splitting up to go to two different areas so that we could be most effective. My team went to the hospice care facility that takes in HIV/aids patients and to the slums to work with the young girls.

I was not quite prepared for what I saw at either place but today was a orientation day and tomorrow we will be starting the real service work. I won't go into too much detail but it was totally incredible to see the hearts of not only the people at the facility but mostly those running the programs. The young girls were so sweet and excited that we were there to just love on them.

We can't wait to really get involved and build these relationships and also just be a servant anywhere we can be helpful.

It's truly amazing what the Lord is doing here in Bangalore let alone the entire country through the amazing people who pour so much into this ministry.

Can't wait to share with you all when we get home!!

Blessings,
Calvary Chapel East Anaheim Volunteers


Rahab's Rope 2012 Volunteers



Check Out Videos From Our 2011 Trip: 

No comments:

Post a Comment