Sunday, September 9, 2012

God's Love and Healing in India


Rahab's Rope Volunteer
It is absolutely amazing the ways in which God works, heals, and loves. It is amazing that He would send me halfway around the world, in complete selflessness, to minister to these dear people in India. The Lord is the best Doctor. His methods of healing may not seem conventional to our human minds, but when we look at it from the big picture and not just from one tiny pixel, we can see that His methods are much more broad and effective than anything we could hope for. I say all this because of what He is doing in me. He is healing me. I have prayed for so long that He would heal me spiritually. 
Earlier this summer I felt so hopeless that I would never be healed. But God’s sense of humor is one of irony, or that seems to be the case when He deals with me, a lover of all things ironic. It is ironic that He would have us go do something so selfless, and heal us in our selflessness. My human mind cannot understand His ways. All I can do is wonder in awe of God's love and healing. 
The Lord speaks so much in India. India is a place of constant spiritual warfare. God knows when His children need to hear from Him more. His children tend to know that we need to seek Him more than ever in the mission field full of spiritual warfare. While volunteering with Rahab's Rope in India, The Lord has shown me several passages in His Scriptures, most of which I have never read before. Perhaps I have read them before, but it was here in India that God revealed the meaning to me. One passage that He revealed to me when we arrived in India was in Jeremiah 31:2-6. He promised healing and renewed joy to Israel. It is what I have witnessed since being here, and it is what many of the girls we are working with need.
           The girls we work with have such a capacity for love. It is more than I’ve seen in many Americans. It is astounding. And they love us along with all the Rahab's Rope staff and volunteers so much! It practically breaks their hearts every time a team leaves.  It so easily will break your own when you have experienced the love they have and realize how serious our departure is. They don’t have Facebook or addresses that we can write them at. We may never see them again, lest they are reached and find Jesus; thankfully, then we shall see them in Glory. I pray, for the girls’ sake, that God sends someone more permanent to minister to them.  Short-term missions trips are great opportunities for us and for the girls.  But they also need that constant person so they can come to learn that not everyone will leave them, especially our loving Saviour.

Blessings,
MW - Summer 2012 Volunteer


No comments:

Post a Comment