Friday, June 17, 2011

Love is Calling YOU.

Pyaar = लव = Love

"...But the greatest of these is 
love."   ~   1 Corinthians 13:13

This week we've spent a lot of time looking at love, what love is 
and where love comes from. It's a word defined in so many small ways, 
but can literally change someone's world.


" My own family doesn't care about me... why do you?"
 ~ *Anne









This statement brought tears to my eyes as *Anne spoke after
telling me the tale of how she had attempted suicide earlier that
morning. Their pain is so real and so deep. *Anne's story is one
of many taking place daily here and all throughout India. These
women have lost all hope and seek the only escape they know...
They are why I am here, Bringing God's unfailing love to the 
children His heart yearns for. 

"Father break my heart for what breaks Yours, give me open 
hands and open doors, put Your light in my eyes and let me see
that my own little world is not about me..."

So often I get caught up in my own little world, my troubles, my
wants, my needs. Me. Me. Me. Living in the midst of the least
of these makes me realize my constant selfishness. My own little
world is NOT about me. This is what God is always reminding
me of, in those moments where I am hurt or upset He puts in
perspective my short comings. It is through His love that I love.
There is nothing I could give these girls without Him, it is His
hope and love they so desperately need...
                                 
                                               "So when you get the chance,

are you gonna take it?
There's a really big world at your fingertips


And you know you have the chance to change it


There's a girl on the streets, she's cryin'


There's a man whose faith is dyin'

Love is calling you..."

Katie
Short Term Volunteer - India


*Please Note: Names are changed to protect the women

No comments:

Post a Comment