Friday, June 17, 2011

Greetings from Goa, India!!

     Teacher TEACHER!! choruses of this ring in our ears as we walk into the community where we work.  The smallest amount of attention you show to the children just lights up their faces and makes their day.  They just want to be able to greet you saying "Hi teacher!" and shake your hand sometimes hoping you have a small piece of candy to give them.  The other day a couple of us volunteers played soccer in the street with the boys of the community!  My FAVORITE thing so far!  The joy and laughter at having not just a soccer ball but two teachers to play with them!! :) 
     It makes me realize how much I selfishly take for granted. I could run to the store and get a soccer ball anytime. To these boys though, it is a special treat they get to enjoy for a couple hours.  Christ is teaching me to never lose the wonder of a child.  He's reminding me to appreciate and be amazed at all the small things he has created and blessed me with. What a blessing for me to be able to make these boys feel loved and included just by inviting them to join our game! 


Ella 
Short Term Volunteer - India

No comments:

Post a Comment