Thursday, October 25, 2012

Our Savior Loves To Laugh

Rahab's Rope Volunteer - Goa, India


Growing up, I never thought of God as being a particularly humorous person. Strong, loving, and protecting, yes. A penchant for comedy? Not so much. Recently, however, it was made quite clear that our Savior does indeed love to laugh, while blessing us in the process.

Three of us work in a preschool during the morning, which takes two buses to get to. We had one day off due to a national holiday, which we used to get some much needed rest. Fully expecting school to be in session for the rest of the week, we got up, caught our buses, and greeted the children happily over the next two days. When Friday morning arrived, we got an unexpected surprise. As we were nearing our final stop, our team leader got a text from the school principal. Someone who had worked in government had passed away, therefore school was canceled. All we could do was smile and chuckle. The fact that school had been canceled was one thing - finding out 10 minutes before we got there was another.

If this had happened in the States, I would have been annoyed. 'Why didn't I find out sooner? I have to spend another bus fare just to go back? I could have slept in!' Instead, I imagined God's expression, smiling and chuckling as He handed my team the unexpected blessing of 5 extra hours of rest. He indeed has a sense of humor, and now I know that sometimes, His answers to prayer come in the form of a laugh.

Blessings,
SB - Goa Volunteer


No comments:

Post a Comment